Community Building and Social Media

 So, when I decided to look and see if our local library system had social media, I was rather surprised to see that the County has invested quite a bit into social media.  The County seems to be trying to use social media to get messages out on a wide range of topics, from the local libraries, busses, land usage, local parks, public safety, and even visitor and convention bureau.  I was rather impressed with the "library" of social media links they have for the public.

Lee County Social Media

Comments

  1. I am really happy to see so much engagement occuring with social media and the library system! Some people may see the library system as a lost art. I believe in the opposite though, I think it is glue that holds a lot of the world together because it provides access to reading and learning. Using a foundation of our world, reading, with social media engages learning and that is a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Ravi, I definitely see the benefits in having a library system to publish and push out messages to the local community. Utilizing social media platforms is surely one way that they can in touch with people of today's generation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the privilege of taking a series Public Information Officer courses. I would comment that we need to make sure that we are not relying only on social media to get important messages out to the community or we risk alienating certain segments of the population that are not on social media.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Web 2.0 and the AHA

Social Media and Education